Friday, March 10, 2006

Strange Events

There had been a tree that was leaning in the woods, and after the snowstorm, it was leaning even more. Last night we heard it fall. Then I had a dream of a tree falling, and all these animals came running towards the house (including camels and all kinds of things).
This morning the pond water was moving. At first I didn't know what it was, but it wasn't raining, and then I saw it was a bunch of frogs-I counted 18 of them!!! Unfortunately we hadn't taken the net off the pond yet which we put on in the fall to catch the leaves, because it had frozen, and today all of a sudden it was like 70 degrees. So hopefully the frogs won't get stuck in the net. I'll take it off tomorrow. I don't know where they all came from-I only ever saw like a few frogs last summer from all those tadpoles.
Leotis called a wildlife hotline and today went and picked up some medicine to treat the fox's sarcoptic mange. He also got a bunch of information on what to do, and he cooked up a ton of chicken legs that we're supposed to feed to the foxes, once a day. Then when they are used to being fed, we're supposed to inject a chicken leg with the medicine. Hopefully that will work and that we won't just have a bunch of fat raccoons and cats.

1 comment:

Words said...

Good luck with the mange treatment.

I'm currently treating one of our foxes for the same thing.