Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Two Raccoons!

Last night around 8 p.m. I saw two raccoons which seemed to come from the direction of the deck. One raccoon walked up to the pond and began putting its hands in the water, fishing around for something. It didn't drink from the pond. I'm not sure what it was doing. I suspect it was either: looking for a tasty morsel (a tadpole), looking for a larger meal (the large frog--I hope not!), looking for the wooden ladder to lean on which we put in there so animals can get out if they fall in, seeing how deep the water was so it could take a dip since it's been so hot, or washing its hands. Then both raccoons hobbled off to the forest, and I saw the camera trap flash go off. I haven't checked the camera yet, but I will post the picture if it turned out.

No comments: