Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Black Snake in the House

I'm a little behind posting. Back in the beginning of March, we found a snake skin in our house, wrapped around some pipes in the basement. It measured over 5 feet long. Our guest bedroom is in the basement, but I figured what our guests don't know won't hurt them. We never did find the snake so we assume it made its way back outside. The other day while I was moving some bricks around outside, I found a small ring necked snake. It kept finding its way under the bricks so I had to gently nudge it with a stick. I've also found several salamanders hiding under logs and bricks recently.
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Camera Trap Codger said...

A snake skin in the house? Why, that's good luck!

randomtruth said...

Lucky you - ring-necks are great to have around the yard. Not only are they pretty, but they eat slugs!

Jayla said...

I didn't know they eat slugs. The ring necks should be well fed then.

arenee43 said...

"What our guests don't know won't hurt them?" Don't be surprised if I'm a little jumpy the next time I'm at your house!