Monday, March 16, 2009

White-tail's Tarsal Organ

Okay, so I don't have a PhD. in Zoology. My whole blog is littered with references to deer I called "Wounded Knee". Lots of deer had this same "wound". Turns out it's not a wound after all, it's a tarsal organ. So wherever you read "Wounded Knee" replace that with "tarsal organ", please. My bad...or is it? Camera Trap Codger has my blog listed as blogs he reads, but apparently he either doesn't read it, or failed to tell me about the tarsal organ! So I'm feeling pretty stupid right now, but how am I supposed to know that? And why didn't he tell me?! Arg. Oh well. Now I know. You can read about it here:
http://cameratrapcodger.blogspot.com/2009/03/black-tails-tarsal-organ.html

2 comments:

Camera Trap Codger said...

Hey Jayla, I looked at the deer pics, and didn't see no wound on the knee. The "wound" you are talking about is on the hock. Sorry, cutey.

Love

doots

Jayla said...

Now I's confused. Search for "wounded knee" in my blog and look at the pics. Isn't it the same as what you were talking about?