Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mangey Fox

I saw this fox this morning, but unfortunately he seemed sickly. He was walking slowly, possibly limping, and looks mangey. Poor guy. Normally they trot quickly through the yard but he seemed to not be in the best of shape. At first I thought he was a new fox, maybe from this year's litter, but I think he is too big for that. The previous year's foxes were more fluffy and playful and this guy wasn't either of those. I saw him scratching himself as he moved off into the woods.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Words said...

Difficult to be sure from the photo, but it does look like there may be some mange on his rump. Unless he visits very frequently there's not anything you can do.

Jayla said...

He's not totally mangey but the fact that he was scratching seemed like he probably is mangey, although it could be worse. I'm not sure how thin their coats get normally in warmer weather. I'll have to see if he starts coming around more looking for a handout.