Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mystery Solved

 
 
 
During the blizzard, something dug a big hole under our house. Turns out it's a groundhog. We haven't had one for years. It must have moved in from across the street. It also has a hole under our porch. One day I was trying to get a picture when it was under the porch, and a few minutes later, it appeared on the other side of the house. Either we have more than one, or its burrow goes all the way from the front of the house to the side. I hate to think what it's doing under there, but actually I don't really give it much thought. What's worse is that it eats everything I plant. About the only things I can grow are hostas and mums, both of which it likes to dine on. I just planted a mum covered in flowers and then it ate about half the flowers off. I affectionately refer to him (or her) as "that dirty groundhog!".
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

We have a couple of ground hogs on our property too. One is easily identified because it's white, I wonder if it's because of its age. But they do eat anything and everything--Even the pears that fall on the ground!

Sylvia said...

But it's so cute!